Thursday, February 5, 2009

I know, I know

Yikes... it's been OVER a month since I've posted a blog. And I haven't even been posting with regular consistency since well before Christmas.

What's my deal? I've been asking myself the same thing. The same sorts of things happen to me as they always do. My days are full of irony. I'm humiliated on a daily basis. My kids are still hilarious. My life is still... my life.

And yet I feel even more drained lately and unable/unwilling to take the effort to post here. All I can figure is that my creative juices are being even more used in my job, and there's nothing left at the end of the day. Or sometimes even at the beginning. The other night I had an absolutely perfect opportunity to do this... . and then I got sucked into the Discovery Health Channel, where they were running a feature on one woman who was 76 years old with a calcified baby in her womb, and another woman who was pregnant with twins AND a third baby growing in her abdominal cavity... I mean, how was I supposed to turn THAT off?

But I digress.

The longer this dry spell does, the harder it gets for me to sit down and just spit out a blog.

This is all just another example of my life cramping my style.

But I've never been one to be submissive to the rat race. Whether it's part of my nature or I learned it in my angst-drenched teen years, I hate the feeling of Rules backing me into a corner. Rage against the machine and all that.

So life, watch out. I'm writing a new blog today. Not because I have the time, but because I'm making the time.

Besides, with quotes like these that literally came from my childrens' mouths just in one day, how can I continue to keep my life from you all?

"Hey! I peed on my face!"

and

"Mommy, are those wipes getting dried out? They hurt my bottom when you wipe. Are you using toilet paper instead?"

and

"God made us to be funny kids, didn't he?"


See?

No comments:

Post a Comment