Thursday, September 18, 2008

Church music

Driving the boys to preschool today, I was just a teensy bit tired of listening to the childrens' music CDs that make me want to drive off the road. So I popped in a CD I'd made in my past life of some of my faves and started bopping along to the B-52s "Love Shack."

In my rearview mirror I caught Jakey nodding his head in tune to the music, waving his scrawny arms around a little.

"Mommy, I like this song," he said.

"You do?"

"Yeah, we sing this song at church." Head nodding and arm waving continues.


To cut poor Jake some slack, we've been trying out several different churches since moving to Eastern Kentucky... and honestly, he might be telling the truth.



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha!! Of COURSE, Jakey would be commenting on music--this, coming from the child who substitutes lyrics for "There is Power in the Blood" to, "There's a toilet (toilet), toilet (toilet), wonder-working toilet....", to which Ben responded, "No, no, Jakey, we sing that at church..."

    I'm sure their preschool teachers wonder what kind of religious institutions you're affiliated with. :)

    ReplyDelete