Friday, November 21, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

Every Thanksgiving, I'm inevitably asked the old "What are you thankful for this year?" question. I usually answer with the true but cliche "My family" answer, but it's clear this year that has altered my perspective drastically.

This Thanksgiving season, I'd like to say I'm thankful for multiple potties on the first floor of our house.

It sounds shallow and flip and ingenuine, but I promise you, dear reader, it's not.

For what else could be so practical, convenient, and crucial in the life that I lead? The life in which, immediately at dinner's end, both boys run screaming in opposite directions clutching their bottoms for dear life as they make a run for it, one making it to his potty in plenty of time, the other... not so much.... causing much drama over the diarrhea scattered here there and everywhere in one bathroom... while the other screams down the hall for me completely without mercy or understanding for the situation taking place in the other bathroom despite my equally loud screams of explanation back to him that I have to help his brother ... leaving the Abandoned One to his own devices for cleaning his bottom... which involves rolling out the entire Double Roll of toilet paper onto the floor before finding the right piece with which to wipe his bottom.

Yes, thank you God for multiple potties in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment