Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm back (sort of)

I recently deleted my newly acquired Facebook account, as well as my longstanding Myspace account. It was, as I described it to a friend, a "life decision" for me. My husband had gently pointed out that I had no willpower when it came to resisting the temptation of nosing around what everyone else was doing under the disguise of seeing if anyone cared what I was doing... all the while somewhat being oblivious to what was going on in my "real" life while I was on the computer.

I protested. I denied. I sulked. At 11pm while trying to fall asleep, I realized he was right. Feeling a combination of sad, sheepish, and liberated, I deleted my accounts. I knew I had to be intentional about it. If the accounts were still open, I simply could not be responsible enough to not log in and fall into the trap again.... but fear not, reader. Before deleting, I saved my precious blogs. I've decided to revive them here.

I can't promise I'll blog regularly. For those who've followed the one on my myspace account, you know it's been a good five months or so. More on that in another blog. But for now, I'll just say that I can't do without having some sort of outlet available should I need it. My life is simply too ironic and humiliating and crazy to not share it with those who want to read.

So here I am. Let's see where this goes.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely has me thinking....I may just agree about all of this! :)

    ReplyDelete